Husband was asked to participate in a central bank survey about mortages

ladylu

My husband was asked recently to participate in a survey for the central bank about mortgages and loans and asking about participants feelings dealing with their banks re mortgages/business loans etc.

The person doing the survey had him down as having home mortgage which it is not and that he was not in arrears which he was 6 months in arrears.

Apparently the survey was to find out if the banks were telling the truth about the problem out there or were they glossing over it.

Mod Edit: This part of a post has been split off a larger thread : The new Personal Insolvency Act is headed for failure.

Use this thread to discuss the central bank survey.

Now the person doing the survey had him down as having home mortgage which it is not and that he was not in arrears which he was 6mts in arrears. Apparently the survey was to find out if the banks were telling the truth about the problem out there or were they glossing over it.

Interesting but where would this person have gotten your husbands mortgage account details from? Are you sure they weren't spoofing?

The person works for one of the big survey companies and showed ID but we actually knew the person anyway. Could of been spoofing but any of the information she had seemed to be very basic stuff. Remembering back the survey was of mortgage holders so that was how she knew he had a mortgage and i am not sure of how she taught he was not in arrears unless it was a survey of mortgage holders not in arrears. Sorry i am not more helpful.

Last edited:
Ok, but legally with data protection they shouldn't have access to your data. Am I correct in thinking this?

I had a similar survey/interview last Summer, from a representative of one of the prominent marketing companies. The guy was legit as I checked him out before the survey was conducted. He held no data on me but was somewhat pushy for me to give him as much info as possible.

I thought it strange at first as he knocked on the hall door.

He came into the house set down and the interview lasted approx 45 mins. Quite intrusive questions may I add. How much was owed on the house, was I in NE, which bank issued the loan etc. All I got was a pen and some fancy paper for my time!!!

Joking aside I found the experience rather strange.

You got a pen and nice paper ! ! !
We got nothing. but you were right the questions were very intrusive. And some could of had more choice in answers as we didn't fit some of the answers

Back