HSE not transferring service

I'm glad it eventually worked out right for you. I'm sorry that you had so much anguish, hassle, difficulty in trying to resolve something so simple.

Glad to see it worked out for you @Ada2019 .

My wife is in a similar situation - she is missing 10 years service from a previous role in a hospital which haven't transferred to her current role (in a local authority).

Can i ask, how did you get the confirmation letters from previous employers?

Glad to see it worked out for you @Ada2019 .

My wife is in a similar situation - she is missing 10 years service from a previous role in a hospital which haven't transferred to her current role (in a local authority).

Can i ask, how did you get the confirmation letters from previous employers?
1. Your wife must contact the hospital in which she had worked. I suggest she do this by (i) Telephone Call (ii) Backed up by email or by letter. But, record what was said and to whom.
2. If she has not already done this, I suggest she do it immediately and not wait until nearer her retirement.
3. Like I said in a message above transferring of service is a relatively easy job.
4. But @Ada2019 had some difficulties with HSE staff; I hope your wife does not have the same difficulties, so it appears vital that names and dates of contact with people handling the situation should be recorded.

Great result and well done all that helped. I just have a query, one of the posters mentioned that the hours per week was important. I would have expected it would be a straight forward figure and that the contracted hours would not matter one the person was doing 100% of the role and the service pro-rata deducted for any service that was not 100%.

Different roles have different conditions and hours, but it is all public service.

I would be interested to find out if any contractual issues are important in determing pension transfer.

My wife had a case where they wouldn't transfer the service as it was not an established post. My wife whas there on a short term temporary contract. I remember checking the circulars at the time and indeed it has to be an established post.

Back