HRV and kitchen extractor

yamr6

Hi, I am installing a HRV system and need to find a compatible kitchen extractor hood.
The hob is in an island which complicates things further but having looked at recirculating hob extractors that rise out of the counter and other options I am still undecided as to what way to go.
Does anyone have any experience of these issues and which solution you find worked best.

Hi, I am installing a HRV system and need to find a compatible kitchen extractor hood.
The hob is in an island which complicates things further but having looked at recirculating hob extractors that rise out of the counter and other options I am still undecided as to what way to go.
Does anyone have any experience of these issues and which solution you find worked best.

I haven't done this yet but the recommended way appears to be to used a recirculating extractor as you have already suggested. Alot of the island hoods have this mode of operation.

This is what I plan to use.

all extractors can be recirculated,some come with the charcoal filters others you have to buy them as an extra.i dont know would this work but if you were to use the usual method of boring a 4 inch hole and could put a valve or some sort of flap in the pipe so that it only opens when air is extracting so no outside air will come in.

Back