HR Consultancy

makusdigus

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster. I'm currently on maternity leave with my 2nd child and evaluating my options career wise. I've worked in HR for a variety of organisations/sectors for 15 years or so and am currently in a middle management HR role for a global professional services firm. I have degrees in HR and Law. While my role is stress free and flexible (4 day week), it's pretty soulless and my impact among all the complex politics and structures is fairly minimal. It's 'grand' but provides very little challenge.
I'm exploring the possibility of setting myself up as a HR Consultant, offering a variety of services to SMEs: Recruitment, Learning and Development, employment law, managing Employee Relations issues etc. On the plus side it would give me a real challenge to manage a variety of projects and also manage my time around school/creche etc. On the flip side, I think setting up the client base would be difficult. While i am a good at developing and maintaining relationships, I can be quite an introvert and networking is not my forte.
I'd love to hear any opinions from any providers/recipients of a similar service or indeed anyone with a view as to the feasibility of it all. Thanks in advance.

Back