How to work out turnover

J

jimbob123

Hi everyone I have some figures from a company and I just wanted to know if its possible to work out the turnover.
The info i have at the moment is from 2011 and 2010 i can get 2009/08/07
Here is what i have (i won't post the actual numbers but pm if you want them)

LEDGER
Net Assets
Assets
Liabilities
Cash
Assets Tangible
Assets Fix
Assets Current
Stock
Assets Current Other
Assets Current Misc
Liabilities Current
Creditors
Short Term
Liabilities Current Misc
Shareholder Funds
Net Worth
Depreciation
Capital Employed

Is this enough to be able to work out any thing??

Also what does Net Assets mean???
If net assests are over 500k every year what does that say about a company??

I hope nobody is offended by what I am trying to do here. All the info I have was in the public domain already.

Regards

Also forgot to mention that
Net assets, shareholders funds, Net worth and capital employed were all the exact same figures.

If anyone can give me a brief run of what the important ones in the above list mean to a company.

Thanks

Seems to be info from CRO. However, unlikely as 2011 figures would not be lodged yet & CRO is unlikely to provide as much detail. Why is T/O relevant to you? What is your requirement? I.e. Are you supplying goods to this company? Do they owe you money? Why do you not have profit & loss figures?
You could get a broad understanding of the financial position from a B/S summary and comapre with prevous year. Better to run these figures by someone you can trust who has an accountancy/banking background. Some other relevant information would also be needed to give an opinion on them.

These are balance sheet categories. You would need a P&L to give you the turnover number and you should do some online study to research what the various headings mean.
As per original responder, please seek professional advice if required.

Seems to be info from CRO. However, unlikely as 2011 figures would not be lodged yet & CRO is unlikely to provide as much detail. Why is T/O relevant to you? What is your requirement? I.e. Are you supplying goods to this company? Do they owe you money? Why do you not have profit & loss figures?
You could get a broad understanding of the financial position from a B/S summary and comapre with prevous year. Better to run these figures by someone you can trust who has an accountancy/banking background. Some other relevant information would also be needed to give an opinion on them.

Not everyone has a December year end.

Small businesses do not have to post P & L data to CRO only Balance Sheet information so OP will not be able to get Turnover/Sale data

If you know what kind of gross margin would be typical for the type of business, you could hazard a very rough guess, or at least establish a minimum level, based on the level of net profit plus any overheads that might be disclosed in the notes to the accounts.

Back