How to remove excess grout from tiles

bertson

We have a lot of excess grout on the tiles in our bathroom, Basically our tiler (my cousin) didnt clean the tiles correctly when he was finished tilling.can anyone recommend anything to remove the excess grout on the tiles??ThanksB

Try white vinegar,it's acidic and will remove any cement based bloom. Rinse off well with water when you're finished.

I got a product in a DIY shop (Budget Decor on the Kylemore road) specifically for removing grout. I can't remember the name of it but you should be able to pick it up in any DIY shop. It's quite strong so you have to be careful using it. Sorry I can't remember the name of it!

triona said:
I got a product in a DIY shop (Budget Decor on the Kylemore road) specifically for removing grout. I can't remember the name of it but you should be able to pick it up in any DIY shop. It's quite strong so you have to be careful using it. Sorry I can't remember the name of it!

Yes there is an acid you can buy specifically for removing grout from tiles which you should be able to get in any diy shop ...below is an example

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~023tiles/hg.html

I have just removed excess grout from some tiles in our place and only used an abrasive pad, some water and a flat head screwdriver to get any bigish bits .... just had to be careful not to scrape the tiles

Back