How to protect tar driveway during landscaping

brokeagain

Can anyone advise how to protect my tar drive while hard landscaping is going on? It is a large drive so if I used tarpaulin I would need about 20 of them!! Is there a cheaper option?

I will have a dumpster and mini digger doing a number of trips throught the driveway as I don't have access via back of house.

The dumpster will be bringing fill and topsoil from one area to another throught the driveway.

You can hire coverings live some of the events companies use. You could also use something like shuttering ply to spread the weight of vehicle wheels/tracks.

Thanks leo. Do you know if it's expensive to hire? I don't want to spend a fortune on it either.

We had a cherry picker type of thing with a platform coming down the long stretch of our tarmac cutting the neighbors trees leaning over our site few years back. The machine was stabilized by pads. There was a few pressure type marks left where the first pads were dropped down, after that sheets of ply were put between the pads and tarmac. The large rubber wheels did no damage nor the weight of the machine.

If the mini digger on metal roller (not the right lingo), it will grate along your drive as Iv seen it done on main road outside neighbours house where it went from one house to the one across the road, council had to retarmac.

Surely it's up to your landscaper(s) to protect your driveway? Is this not part of the contract?

Yeah I know that heavy machinery can do a lot of damage to drive.
The landscaper advised me to get something to protect my drive.

our machine driver said not his responsibility if anything happened drive but he'd try to ensure he wouldnt do anything irresponsible and warned us immediately after first stabilizing pads lifted.

Back