How to plaster around new door?

Petal

I got this new door a while ago and it still needs to be plastered around on the inside. there is about a 5.5 cm (~2inch) difference between the wall and the door and I'm not sure what's the best way to do this. I was thinking of putting a wooden frame around the door and then plaster around that, but the woodframe would have to be 5.5cm deep and I'd have to screw that into the PVC frame of the door... My partner then said if (he) slammed the door, would the plaster no start breaking.....

Any ideas?

And also, if I decide not to do this myself, what type of professional would I get? A plasterer?

PS for a picture, please check same threaad on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63204731#post63204731

The picture is not very clear to me but if you have a door fixed to a door frame that is connected to the wall and there is a gap between the frame and thewall you should bridge the gap by fitting architrave around the door frame (it comes in various widths) fix the architrave to the door frame and assuming the doorframe is flush there is no need to plaster

Hi Dinjoecurry,

Many thanks for your suggestion. The problem is, that the framd is not flush with the wall, it's 5.5 cm difference. I've uploaded a couple more pictures on boards (see first post), which should show it better.

The new picture shows the problem more clearly IMO this is a job for a plasterer because if you try to bridge that gap with anything I don't think it will look good does not look like a big job Post it on one of the tradesman sites and get a few quotes--good luck

Back