how to ignore another AAM"r

I don't think the functionality is enabled.

Best bet is to just ignore the user and if they don't stop PMing you just contact a mod.

There are some strage people on askaboutmoney, just recently I had a PM from someone calling me a 'sick ****'.

I think I remember reading that you can ignore peoples posts and you wont see them, though I also recall reading that you can't ignore a Moderator's posts.

Dont know how to do it though!

You can edit an "ignore list " from your User CP. I have never tried it though.
Just added "MandaC" to mine, so will see if what it does and if it works as i am not sure myself.

Guys - if you are being hassled by other posters, ask the poster not to contact you again and if they persist let the mods know. I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy to know whats going in and might send a short message to the offenders asking them not to do it again and/or link you to the guidelines advising how to block posters etc.

You can edit an "ignore list " from your User CP. I have never tried it though.
Just added "MandaC" to mine, so will see if what it does and if it works as i am not sure myself.

Bacchus, I did that! See if it works.

Brendan,
does that mean if you choose to ignore another poster that their PM's to you will be blocked too?

I am just curious by the way, I have not had anything rude from anyone on PM.

Bacchus, I did that! See if it works.

When your were in my "ignore list", your posts appeared as
This message is hidden because MandaC is on your ignore list
and still had not receive any PM back from you, so looks like it also applies to PM from members in your "ignore list"
You are back in the good books now.

You are back in the good books now.

I had a "doh" moment because I replied to your PM and thought, well Bacchus wont see that because I am being ignored and then I posted on the board that I replied to the PM, which of course you were not going to see either.
DOH!

Well, at least we are back on speaking terms!

yes , if you ignore someone , and they post in a topic you are viewing , you wont see there post it will just say the person is on your ignore list

Back