How to get website recognised

L O L

I've just created a website for my company and I'm just wondering about the most effective(and free) ways of getting browser to pick out website. Any advice greatly appreciated. I have registered with google and yahoo but no joy when i put in search words.

I've just created a website for my company and I'm just wondering about the most effective(and free) ways of getting browser to pick out website. Any advice greatly appreciated. I have registered with google and yahoo but no joy when i put in search words.

Google Meta Tags... they will help...

It takes time. It depends on how competitive the keyword search results are for what your looking to get top results on. I'm in the same boat at the moment. Trying to build/develop it myself.

All the info you need can be had on [broken link removed] . The folks on there do this for a living (Search Engine Optimisation).

hope that helps.

From what I understand, keywords are a thing of the past when it comes to google. Google has spiders that use hyperlinks as a way to jump to websites and ranks the sites on how benificial the information is to those searching. The first thing to getting into google fast is by creating a sitemap and then loading this into google. Google analitics is also a good addition to the site for busnisses because it alerts google to your site and tracks the hits on it showing charts. This site will explain most of what you'll need:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/

Links to your site from other sites that are already in google will also help speed things up. This site explains about keywords:

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=40349&query=keywords&topic=&type=

Hope this helps

get as many other webites to link back to you as possible, otherwise known as backward links

If you are trying to get "back links" from other sites - make sure they are not just rubbish sites - this could make things worse.
I have found getting it listed on DMOZ helps a lot. (Open Directory).
Also - if your site is using Flash it may be ignored by some search engines.
PM me the url and I'll see if I can give you any more advice.

Back