how to get rid of the smell of dog urine in my back garden.?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Non-financial Questions' started by ANNABELLA, May 9, 2008.

1. ANNABELLA

ANNABELLA Guest

would anybody have any ideas how to get rid of the smell of dog urine in my back garden. i have no grass just patio. i have put down jeyes fluid but i can still get a strong smell of urine. Now that is it summer time i leave my back door open all day and am constantly get the smell coming in. pls help........

2. jackswift

jackswift Frequent Poster

Re: dog urine

Only other solution is to get rid of the dog.

3. so-crates

so-crates Frequent Poster

Have you tried asking about cleaning and cleaning products at your local vet or petshop?

Jeyes is unlikely to be particularly effective as it is basically just a bleach, you need something that will deal more effectively with the enzymes and salts in the urine.

Otherwise you could try googling it, I found several suggestions besides the commercial products available (mostly involving vinegar at some stage!) when I googled this

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=dog+urine,+smell,+get+rid&meta=

4. ajapale

ajapale Moderator

Is the urine from your dog or some other dogs?

5. rsob

rsob Guest

Nose peg?

6. Megan

Megan Frequent Poster

I don't think you should use bleach as that only encourages the dog to go back to the same spot.

7. Megan

Megan Frequent Poster

"Nose peg"

Where on the dog do you put the nose peg?

8. rsob

rsob Guest

:) depends on its gender I guess.

9. kkman

kkman Guest

useful input there...... thats the kind of attitude that is the cause of so many dogs being put down each year

10. eileen alana

eileen alana Frequent Poster

11. ClubMan

ClubMan Frequent Poster

Getting rid of the dog doesn't necessarily mean putting it down... :rolleyes:

12. TabithaRose

TabithaRose Frequent Poster

petshops stock products that should help :)

13. sparkeee

sparkeee Frequent Poster

un neutered dogs tend to spray a lot of scented urine around to mark their territory,the snip calms em down and they don't spray so much after.

14. steph1

steph1 Frequent Poster

Jeyes fluid

15. superdrog

superdrog Frequent Poster

Get a couple of empty 2litre clear lemonade bottles , fill them with water and place them in your back garden.
    Dogs will see a greatly magnified image of themselves in the bottles and leg it pretty fast. Simple but effective.