How to buy a registered Domain name

mister mac

Hi

I have a business idea in mind and was looking at the availability of a domain name for its website. Both the domain name I had in mind and another similar version are already in use.
From the IEDR website I can see the name of the people who currently have the name registered. Neither website appears to be active as when I try to browse to them I get the error message "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEBPAGE"
Is there anyway of contacting the people who own the name to discuss possibly purchasing it from them?

Hi

I have a business idea in mind and was looking at the availability of a domain name for its website. Both the domain name I had in mind and another similar version are already in use.
From the IEDR website I can see the name of the people who currently have the name registered. Neither website appears to be active as when I try to browse to them I get the error message "INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEBPAGE"
Is there anyway of contacting the people who own the name to discuss possibly purchasing it from them?

you could try mailing them at the postmaster or webmaster address
RFC 5321 states

Quoting from the RFC:
Any system that includes an SMTP server supporting mail relaying or delivery MUST support the reserved mailbox "postmaster" as a case-insensitive local name. This postmaster address is not strictly necessary if the server always returns 554 on connection opening (as described in section 3.1). The requirement to accept mail for postmaster implies that RCPT commands which specify a mailbox for postmaster at any of the domains for which the SMTP server provides mail service, as well as the special case of "RCPT TO:<Postmaster>" (with no domain specification), MUST be supported.
so try emailing the [email protected] and see if they reply.

By contacting them, you are flagging up your interest. Check the expiry dates for the domain - you might be better off waiting for it to expire.

Assuming you are not interested in a .ie domain; if you create a free account with a company such as godaddy.com , I believe there would be an option to adjust your account settings to automatically purchase the domain name once it expires/if the current owner does not renew it.

Back