How much to offer for used car from dealer

Maxie37

Hi guys,
Just looked at a 2004 toyota avensis with 79,000 on the clock priced at 5,950. I am trading in a 2003 skoda octavia with 150,000 on the clock that has just had a new timing belt fitted but needs a new exhaust. The dealer offered me 1,500 for the octavia, is this a complete rip off. I had a look at prices of 03 octavias and there is a wide range of prices from 1000 to 4000. Can anyone tell me what i should offer the garage, i am compltely clueless at this sort of thing and no good at bartering. Any help much appreciated

Why not try and sell your octavia privately (€3 for an add on donedeal) and a cheap car should fly. I know family member who sold a €2500 car on it after 16 minutes and collected the next evening. Anything over the €1500 the garage is offering is a bonus.

Plus you'll get the new car cheaper when you'v straight cash..

I find in changing my car every year if you look for extras you'v some chance in getting a better deal (throw in free tax, car mats, AA roadcover etc). My husband very cheeky in stating a very low price and hopefully meet a couple hundred euro off dealers asking price.

If your female, get a man to do the dealing (aggggh).

Back