How much should I expect to pay for new boiler?

Sunflower123

HI
I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how much I can expect to ahve to pay to get a gas boiler replaced. We are buying a house and this is one of the things that will need to ne replaced.

Thanks

Hi,
we had gas installed and a new boiler fitted in October last year. We got a few quotes, but ended up going for the guy that was recommended by our engineer. We paid €2300 all up, including piping for the gas supply from the meter to the back of the house. The boiler is a Baxi system boiler, variable output, not a condesing boiler and more than ample for our 110 sq mtr house. There was a fair bit of fitting involved as the boiler is sited in a new extension, so that obviously added to the overall cost.
Hope that helps!

In limerick I have been quoted between 2 and 2.2k for a 24 kw boiler.
One was baxi Megaflo condensing boiler and the other was a Vokera condensing boiler.

The house is in Dublin. There is a boiler already there but it needs to be changed, so it should be simple enough.

To be honest, the installtion would have to be viewed to acurately price any job of this nature, ie, where condensate will go, some sites have flueing issues (ie. maybe flue extenstions required to hide plumes or move them away from a neighbouring propery) then discuss with the customer their specific needs, and price a boiler suited to them (ie, system or combi or thermal stores)

Usually price begins around €1800 and can go up somewhat from there....

Remember, always use a registered installer, maybe get a recommendation, and always get a receipt in case you have trouble afterwards,

Sometimes in this case cheaper is not always best, as some 'cheap' installations (or should i say installers) do things like not bothering to flush the old system, or add inhibitors when filling the new system, in these kind of cases within 1-5 years the trouble starts, usually with things like noisy (bubbling) heat exchangers leading to power flushes (expensive!) and other treatments to combat the poor inital installation....so be careful you know what your getting if price is too cheap, usually something is amiss.......better to pay a little extra and have a good boiler for 10-20 years than find yourself replacing it again in 5 years time!

Back