How much Irish and UK State Pension can I get?

Three separate payments from three separate pension authorities - in fact three separate payments from France, so 5 in all

Why would you expect them to be one payment - each country pays on a different payment schedule: Ireland - weekly, UK - every 4 weeks, France - once a month
Thanks
It's not that I expected it to be one. I'm just not sure how it works, hence the question. Because it alway states to just claim in one country, I wasn't sure if the one country paid it, and then was claiming it back from elsewhere.

I would do each separately, not least because date of first payment will be different.

In @jpd 's case he was probably aggregating contributions to help eligibility for one single pension in Ireland. But you'll be claiming both.
I'm not sure why different dates of payment would affect whether you make a single or separate applications?

I can see one advantage of separate applications though, if it allows you to have the UK pension paid into a UK account, which would make you less vulnerable to exchange rate fluctuations.

How long does it take for your paymwnt of class 2 (or class 3) stamps to HMRC to be recognised on your online pension forecast? I paid in early may but still dont see anything reflected.

How long does it take for your paymwnt of class 2 (or class 3) stamps to HMRC to be recognised on your online pension forecast? I paid in early may but still dont see anything reflected.
The last time I checked, they told me there was a 34 week delay. I think that's for bulk (multi-year) payments. I would expect annual ongoing payments to be credited sooner. However, they should be able to confirm if your payment was received, and there's also an option on the phone menu regarding this when you phone them (i.e. why has a payment I made not been credited).

So whichever route you decide to go (1 or 2 separate applications) it looks like you would be entitled to a full or almost full rate of pension from each country so anything short of that would need to be followed up.
Do keep copies of all correspondence. Best of luck

The last time I checked, they told me there was a 34 week delay. I think that's for bulk (multi-year) payments. I would expect annual ongoing payments to be credited sooner. However, they should be able to confirm if your payment was received, and there's also an option on the phone menu regarding this when you phone them (i.e. why has a payment I made not been credited).
Cheers for that. My payment for last year was applied much quicker i think. I will give them a call to check.

The different countries combine your contributions so as to maximise your pension

I had no contact from the UK and the French contacted me to get me to sign a few documents

In my case, contributions from the other countries were discounted as they would not have increased my pension entitlement in any of the countries

All the pensions are paid into my Irish bank account
You can also claim heating allowance from the UK

i was born in the uk and worked there off and on from 1973 until 1980
i then came to ireland and worked when i could from 1980 until 1983
i then returned to the UK and worked when i could from 1983 until 1994
I have been in ireland ever since and have reached pension age on 23 aug 2022

I have around 1300 irish contributions according to the Calculations by the Citizens advice bureau based on my contributions statements
I have 11 years confirmed contributions from the UK

According the CAB is should get an irish pension of 227 euro a week

but this would be my first week to be paid the pension and i see i have only received 166.40 which is well below 227 euro
I only sent my pension form in about a month ago because i was trying to make sure i had all my contributions recorded and they never sent me anything back to say what i was going to get, so maybe they have not worked it out yet and this is some type of interim payment.
I am not even sure who i should phone to query this.
can anyone shed some light on this please
and what i can expect to receive form the uk and the situation regarding topping up my uk contributions thanks

If you only sent your application last month its not enough time for Dept. Of Social Protection to check your UK record with Newcastle. So it's probably a payment based on your Irish contributions only. You might check with Sligo to confirm your position.

but this would be my first week to be paid the pension and i see i have only received 166.40 which is well below 227 euro
Maybe the reduced payment is from the date you turned 66 to the end of the payment week? Hopefully you will get the full amount next week.

i was born in the uk and worked there off and on from 1973 until 1980
i then came to ireland and worked when i could from 1980 until 1983
i then returned to the UK and worked when i could from 1983 until 1994
I have been in ireland ever since and have reached pension age on 23 aug 2022

I have around 1300 irish contributions according to the Calculations by the Citizens advice bureau based on my contributions statements
I have 11 years confirmed contributions from the UK

I only sent my pension form in about a month ago because i was trying to make sure i had all my contributions recorded and they never sent me anything back to say what i was going to get, so maybe they have not worked it out yet and this is some type of interim payment.
I am not even sure who i should phone to query this.
can anyone shed some light on this please
and what i can expect to receive form the uk and the situation regarding topping up my uk contributions thanks
Please let us know if this increases in the coming weeks, and also if you hear anything from the UK side.

@Lisgoold

hi
further to my previous post i have received confirmation the expected 227 euro pension will be paid, which is good.
No word back from the UK yet, altho they have returned the Birth certs etc that i sent them so they must have at least looked at it.

Back