How much for furniture delivery from North?

kiwifruit

Considering getting a bed from Harvey Norman,up North. Its a saving of €300 compared to the exact same product in Harvey Norman down here. delivery is £200 to Dublin. Question is, is this the cheapest delivery quote I will get? Are there guys out there who have a big truck and go up North and collect items for different people,thus lowering costs.
I rang a couple of "man with a van" types and they quoted me between 250-300 quid. If im only going to save 100 i will just buy it down here to save the hassle.
any info would be much appreciated.

kiwi

how much would it cost for you to hire a van for a day and collect it yourself maybe? would that be feasible ?

thanks Mossy...

Was surfing the net about van hire, but alot of the websites are abit vague about prices.Not sure how much it will actually cost all in to hire as I can only go up on a Saturday,so means I can only drop the van back on the Monday.Does this mean that I will be charged for 2 days rental. What size van would I need to put a super king size bed in? mattress will be 6ft wide and 6'6'' long. plus a duvan but that will be in 2parts. Jasus,come to think of it,just reading this back im startin to get a headache!!

hi kiwifruit, sent you a pm there regarding this. just for info for all as this is site is aimed at saving cash i represent a major home delivery provider in n.i. that can offer cheaper rates than most (especially those mentioned above) due to the volume of business we operate in the south. if anybody would like further information feel free to pm me. this is not advertising, i'm acting in the true spirit of the site!!!!

Thrifty Car Rentals Airport Road have transits ( more than enough space) and are open until 9pm Sat night. I think we paid about €80 for the days hire but think there was an extra charge for mileage or something for going outside the border, think this was arounf €20
We bought a lot of stuff in Ikea so well worth it

Back