How much for a parking space?

MonkeyFeet

I am interested in buying a parking space in my apartment complex.

What is a reasonable amount to pay for a parking space in the Dublin 8, Kilmainham / Inchicore area?

Would I have to pay stamp duty on the cost of the parking space, as I already own an apartment?

Thanks

Unsure if can give a 'price' but the average carspace is about 5K for somebody buying a space with the apt.

Afraid I can't answer you re the stamp duty.

Car parking spaces go from 15k to 40k in Dublin. When purchasing with an apartment, stamp duty is charged. I presume the figures mentioned above would be exempt but I'm not sure.

Car parking spaces go from 15k to 40k in Dublin. When purchasing with an apartment, stamp duty is charged. I presume the figures mentioned above would be exempt but I'm not sure.

We got ours for a steal then - 5K approx. 3 years ago. Also in the Kilmainham/Inchicore area.

Perhaps they're more if buying a space and apt. separately?

Monkeyfeet

I paud €15k extra for car space in new development in Tallaght this year

if purchased with the apartment it is not subject to stamp, I'm not sure if you can acutally buy it at a later date, but coudl be open to correction

regards
DeirdreL

www.rea.ie

5k seems unbelievably cheap, I don't think I'd be lucky enough to get it for that price!

But I hope I'm not unlucky enough to be asked to pay 40k

I have to wait until I hear what the vendor asks for it..

We got ours for a steal then - 5K approx. 3 years ago. Also in the Kilmainham/Inchicore area.

Perhaps they're more if buying a space and apt. separately?

Unfortunately not! Last time I bought they fell within the top end of the price quoted above. Bought with apartments. I guess they would be more if they were sold separately.

NB. I'd frown if I could....not botox just smileys aren't working! lol

Hi Deirdre, welcome. I take it you mean car parking spaces are not subject to stamp duty if bought by a first time buyer. Investors and owner occupiers, (where stamp applies) are charged stamp even if space is purchased with apartment.

My daughter bought an apartment and car parking space 2 years ago and the space cost €15k.

Liteweight

your right about the stamp duty for investor, but not owner occupier, if they are going to reside there, its stamp duty free assuming under 125 sq metres

DeirdreL

www.rea.ie

id reckon up from 30-40 k for underground and about 25 k for surface

Liteweight

your right about the stamp duty for investor, but not owner occupier, if they are going to reside there, its stamp duty free assuming under 125 sq metres

DeirdreL

www.rea.ie

Yes Deirdre, that's why I said where stamp applies, i.e. properties over 125sq.m are subject to a reduced rate of stamp duty for owner occupiers. Sorry if I didn't make the point clearly. :)

Back