how much does your management company budget for Window Cleaning

bigchicken

Hi,

I was wondering if people could give me an idea of how much your management company budgets for window cleaning.

I live in a development with approx 180 apartments, mainly over 4 floors but there are some 5 story blocks. The management agent says the quote they have got for window cleaning for the entire development is 15,000 euro which seems quite excessive. Also they seem to be suggesting that window cleaning should not be the management companys responsibility and should be something that individual residents do. While i could understand that for someone on the ground/first floor i'm not sure how it would work for someone on the 5th floor.

I was just wondering what other peoples experiences are?

Re: Window Cleaning

I'll have a look at the budget when I get home, however the rule is that if you couldn't easily reach the outside of the window yourself the management company will clean it. If you can get at the window from a balcony say, then they won't touch it.

How many times a year do they wash them? Is there a disproportionate window surface area e.g. some blocks have almost entirely glass facade etc.

The windows have never been washed! Some people have been living in the development for over a year.

All blocks & all apartments have more or less the same amount of windows. There are some duplexes that have more obviously but they are paying higher service charges anyway.

In general, each 2 bed apartment has 3 patio doors (a double door and a single door), and 3-4 windows. The patio doors are not included in the cleaning as they are accessible by balconies.

Check your lease agreement and any other documents you signed when you purchased. Some la's specify the duties of the management company and often includes window cleaning for people above the ground floor.

€15,000 for 180 units on a 5 story building could be quite realistic. I'll have to dig out how much ours cost (321 units on 18 3 story buildings) but I do remember it being very expensive.

Our development has 110 units. Annual cost of window cleaning (3 times per annum) is just under €5K. On average there are 4 windows per unit to be cleaned.

Back