How much compensation should customers of Ulster bank receive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I lost access to my accounts, and transactions were there one day and gone the next, I've scrutinised everything, including interest payments on my UB Visa CC account, and all is well (they refunded interest charged which should not have been - it was fairly minimal as I pay off my CC every month). So, I think overall I'm not going to look for any compensation for the inconvenience of not having pensions paid in to the account in time for payment of mortgages etc. I'm back online, I'm up-to-date and the balances are finally accurate.

My other half paid her Ulster Bank Credit Card payment on time in July but the payment was not lodged in to the account for over 10 days. She was charged €7 in interest and told that this would be refunded "probably" by the time she received her next bill.
Next bill arrives. No sign of refund of €7 interest charge and to make matters worse she was charged €3 interest on this bill. This I thought very strange as she had made her payment on time and it was processed on time but interest penalty was still charged.
Made another phone call. Usual lip service apology. Said they would refund there and then. When pressed for refund of time and phone calls she was offered €5 compensation. Not good enough.
So far our current account, fixed term deposit account and credit card all messed up. About 2 hours on the phone trying to sort out various mess ups.

What really got me in the end was the lack of interest I experienced from staff in regard to answering my questions - and that includes the complaints handling department. Not one person I spoke to on phone actually looked at my account while I on was on phone to them and one person in Complaints handling asked me why would my account be in arrears. It was very frustrating and am very reluctant to continue direct debit of my salary.
In my case Electric Ireland received their payment 4 weeks later. a Salary from 22nd June didnt reach my account until 5 weeks later which meant that Two mortgage payments were debited in space of 14 days which left my account in arrears.

Todate I have received two letters from UB CH to give them more time to investigate - no phone call yet

McGann

One can't help getting the feeling that the longer time goes by the less chance we ordinary Joe Soaps have of getting even a sausage.:(

I've seen death move quicker than this!

Either way I reckon if any compensation does materialise, it will have to be after all the current issues have been resolved. It seems to me that there are a few lingering problems yet.....

One can't help getting the feeling that the longer time goes by the less chance we ordinary Joe Soaps have of getting even a sausage.:(

I've seen death move quicker than this!

Either way I reckon if any compensation does materialise, it will have to be after all the current issues have been resolved. It seems to me that there are a few lingering problems yet.....

Ive been offered, accepted and received compensation already!
Got it last Monday.

Have any of you guys wrote a letter of complaint to your bank/Head Office Complaints Dept?

Kceire, were you affected hugely by the technical difficulties?

I wrote to Financial Ombudsman - who past my complaint onto UB Complaints Dept. and they have written two letters asking for more time to investigate.

McGann

Ive been offered, accepted and received compensation already!
Got it last Monday.

Have any of you guys wrote a letter of complaint to your bank/Head Office Complaints Dept?

Can you give more information please?

Did you write to UB to complain? How much were you offered etc etc?

I received a letter of apology stating that my complaint would be fully investigated and responded to within 10 working days. Guess what? 10 working days have passed and no response yet. No doubt I will get a further letter of apology on top of the other letter of apology already received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back