how many bank a/cs can i have

annemarief8

hey is it possible to have more than one current a/c?

my partner has an irish nationwide a/c but they really are crap and he's only hanging on for the proposed demutualisation

they wont accept dd's etc on the account. can he go open another one?

similarly i would like a seperate current account for my salary, is this possible?

cool thanks folks, i thought there was some issue with money laundering legislation.

gonna drag the oh off the weekend and set him up with a nice normal, no irish nationwide, current a/c!
happy days :)

cool thanks folks, i thought there was some issue with money laundering legislation.

You'll have to satisfy the bank's normal money laundering legislation inspired ID checks. That should be straightforward enough particularly if you're opening the second current account with the same bank. I've also got two current accounts, one to take the salary and the other for current spending.

You'll have to satisfy the bank's normal money laundering legislation inspired ID checks. That should be straightforward enough particularly if you're opening the second current account with the same bank. I've also got two current accounts, one to take the salary and the other for current spending.

I do the same aswell, one account for wages, another for direct debit's etc and a different account for savings....

so i can just contact my branch and say i'd like to open another a/c? it's no problem to do it with the same bank?

Can't see any reason why. The bank has no particular reason for objecting to you having more than one account with them (in fact they would prefer it to you shopping around for a different provider with a better deal!) as long as you satisfy the criteria for opening an account.

I remember a report a few years ago that said there were three bank accounts for every man woman and child in Ireland.

I have three current accounts (with different institutions) and various other non current accounts. Probably hitting 10 all told.

Back