How Long Retention

Husssy

Have gone sale agreed on my house but the purchaser has noted that there is a difference from the original plans. I added patio doors to the east elevation of the house as the builder was only up about 5 blocks(built 2 yrs ago). It was just a wall originally. Spoke to my solicitor and he reckons its not a huge issue and he hopes to sort it out with the purchasers solicitor. if i need retention how long does this take? In process of signing contract of my new house. This is all i need, between separation, house sale falling through, purchaser dying, purchase of a house that i couldnt buy because prob with sale of my own house.

I know this is a very stressful time for you. I wonder could anybody advise if this would fall under exempted development?
If the purchaser is anxious to proceed with the purchase it is possible to sign contracts subject to you being granted retention. You should voice your concerns to your own solicitor and see what feedback they have received from the Purchasers Solicitor.

Back