How long from the release from PIAB to actual court?

Re: How long from the realese from PIAB to actual court?

Noting that this was last posted on a few months back, Lamps - to give you an idea - my release from the PIAB was in Sept 2005!!!! I am STILL waiting on a court date - and looking at court terms, it would be unlikely to be before 2009
(however have just gotten notice that the defendants insurance company want to meet for a settlement meeting) so by all means go on your travels, however, I would be very wary of the defendants having a PI on your tail as if you are planning on doing long distance travelling and enjoying yourself, they will very likely fight that you are well enough to travel so you are overstating the injury, and you could end up with a lot less than you should get.

We had a claim reduced fro 22k to 5k after an appeal - with no explanation .best of luck with 85k. !

Just read through your post. You call your solicitor a "pompous prat", but went on to say he was good. I wonder.

My experience is that those who behave like pompous prats are rarely good performers in any profession. Such misbehaviour should not be accepted by anyone.

In any case you are entitled to ask for advice on your options as part of the all in cost of running the action, most of which will be paid by thei defendants insurers.

If you case is worth 85K you should stay and get it finished. Trials now come on quickly in venues outside Dublin and you should ask your solicitor are "pleadings closed" i.e. notices for particulars replied to and defence filed. If so and if you live outside Dublin you may be able to serve a notice for trial for one of those venues.

Back