How long does it take to register a property in my name after I have bought it?

Are you satisfied now that the solicitor is neither incompetent or untrustworthy?

Would you like to amend the title of the thread?

And the address is just not an issue - you are still the owner, you do own it, if you need to prove you own it, you just produce the folio.

If you want to prove your address, which presumably is different to the apartment address, you produce a utility bill or bank statement

mf

I must say that you are being a bit presumptuous in your response. I simply asked a question.

Are you satisfied now that the solicitor is neither incompetent or untrustworthy?

Would you like to amend the title of the thread?

And the address is just not an issue - you are still the owner, you do own it, if you need to prove you own it, you just produce the folio.

If you want to prove your address, which presumably is different to the apartment address, you produce a utility bill or bank statement

mf

no i dont think il make any adjustments to the thread title , i know a little more about the situation than you do , he is incompetent , i had to keep on his back to get anything done right , there were other issues around the time of closing where he got details incorrect as regards balances outstanding etc , i was acutely aware of what was owed so was quick to notice his basic mathematical errors , those issues were easily dealt with however

You actually haven't shown us he was incompetent though. Plus the very fact it was a receiver property means it was no run of the mill purchase, those cases can be a mess and take time to sort out title.

You actually haven't shown us he was incompetent though. Plus the very fact it was a receiver property means it was no run of the mill purchase, those cases can be a mess and take time to sort out title.

he had me paying four hundred euro more than i needed to at purchasing time due to an inability to do basic maths and memorise previous transaction details , luckily i was on the ball , anyway the case is closed now , close thread MOD team if you wish

I put the deposit down on my apartment in Mid August last year and got the keys early January. Receiver sale. I still haven't got the deeds.

I put the deposit down on my apartment in Mid August last year and got the keys early January. Receiver sale. I still haven't got the deeds.

well that is a very long time , ive a sister who is a solicitor ( works for a firm who only deal with corporate clients so could not employ her ) and she was amazed at the performance of my own solicitor

Back