How long does it take to get the keys once all the paper work is in?

obi1ken2002

hi all

When you get an offfer in from the council how long does it take before all the legal work is done and you can move in?

hi all

When you get an offfer in from the council how long does it take before all the legal work is done and you can move in?

if you read a few of the other posts its alot longer than 2-3 months

most people are closer to 6 months again they complete there snag

ah ha ha ha, was offered a property in November. Still haven't even got contracts. was assured that this should all be sorted by May so arranged to end lease then. Been living on couches since, have finally given in and signed a lease to rent somewhere else. In fact, the value of the place offered to me has fallen by about 50,000 in the meantime so I'm going to have to get it revalued. May be in by Christmas...

i got my house offered last october and still waiting to do the snagging. dates have been changed a few times so far, 1st they said all will be finished in may, 2nd was mid june, 3rd was july and yesterday i was told, maybe august....so it's obviously varying everywhere.

Threw in the towel today and won't be buying under AH scheme after finally losing my patience. Been waiting since December when I first received offer (see post above). Are all councils this incompetent in dealing with their "customers"? As with other posts here the level of procrastination and sheer amount of excuses given as to why things don't progress is incredible.

In a falling market I simply couldn't recommend AH to anybody as a way to buy a house.

Back