How do I trace the owner of Landline Number?

MBoyle

I recently recieved a number of prank calls on my mobile from a landline number. The number showed up on my mobile. Can I trace the owner/address of a landline number? How?

Thanks.

Sometimes if you Google a phone number you find its owner, because people might include their contact details in something they posted. Perhaps a 5-10% chance, but it's easy to try.

If you contact you phone company, they will be able to help. They are have a Nuisance Call department (or some name like that). e.g.
O2

eircom - Nuisance Calls Bureau 1800 689 689

Keep a record of time, date & content of call.
Don't respond in kind.
In order to prosecute, Gardai will have to be involved. The phone company will not give out details directly to you.

There was also another thread on this before.

Last edited:
If you contact you phone company, they will be able to help. They are have a Nuisance Call department (or some name like that). e.g.
O2

eircom - Nuisance Calls Bureau 1800 689 689

Keep a record of time, date & content of call.
Don't respond in kind.
In order to prosecute, Gardai will have to be involved. The phone company will not give out details directly to you.
+1 Great advice..

Even if you don't intend to prosecute the offender..
lodge a report with the gardai incase it does get out of hand.

I got a nuisance call a few years ago from a mobile number to my landline. It sounded like children, they weren't terribly pleasant on the phone. I phoned the local gardai and reported it. The garda phoned the number himself to see what would happen - it was switched off!

The garda phoned me back to let me know the situation, and was happy to help, even though it was a relatively harmless prank at the time.

I had this with my mother receiving prank calls from neighbours kids a few years back, (like was mentioned earlier)-call it back and be very stern when the kids answer-prank calls are mostly made by kids -and kids generally scare easily....-might not be any need to get the gardai..

i had a similar problem a few years ago with a landline- just kept a whistle beside it and blasted andyone that didnt speak within 5 seconds (warned the family to talk quick) it worked - no more silent phone calls

Last edited:
i had a similar problem a few years ago with a landline- just kept a whistle beside it and blasted andyone that didnt speak within 5 seconds (warned the family to talk quick) it worked - no more silent phone calls
It could have been a secret admirer wanting to hear your voice...
did you notice any deaf people following you around after that?

phone the number back from a payphone,tell them they have won a fabulous prize,you will send the details to them immediately,you know the rest.

Back