House valuation

kkelly77

Hello all,

I am looking into getting my house valued. Can anyone recommend valution companies and how much it will cost? I assume getting 2 or 3 independent valuations would give a true indication on the price of your home? Thanks.

Keith.

If it's for mortgage purposes you would usually have to pick an auctioneer from a panel supplied by the financial institution - probably cost around €150. If it's just for yourself compare your house to prices achieved in the area or have a non- commital chat with a local auctioneer to get an indicative price. Valuations are not an exact science - ultimately it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay you for it.

Valued for sale or for insurance purposes? If the latter then at least look at [broken link removed]. If the former then get a few valuations from EAs but ultimately the market will decide what it's worth.

Post crossed with demoivre's.

Hello all,

Reason for valuation is for my own benefit. I bought my house a year ago and will be possibly renting it which will cover mortgage repayments. I am looking into buying another property and my mortgage broker is looking for a valuation on the house.

Keith.

At this stage an estimate of your house value will suffice. Can you get this from house sales in your immediate area using daft or myhome perhaps?
Once you decide on a lender then a formal valuation by a valuer on the lenders approved panel will have to be carried out.

What about for tax purposes? Do revenue value a property when calculating CGT (in relation to gifting a child a none primary residence property) or how do you value it in this case?

Taxes (e.g. stamp duty, CGT etc.) are calculated on the fair market value of an asset. If there is any doubt (e.g. an asset being transferred at a discount to the fair market value and taxes being calculated on the lower amount) then Revenue may step in and object.

Back