House sold, now need to invest!

D

daddy d

Hi all...

We've managed to sell our house, and are looking to rent for a year or so and eventually buy a house in dublin...

Im badly in need of some independant advice on what to do with the money we have left over from our sale investment wise...

After paying off our mortgage we will be left with around 150k, which
we will need to invest somewhere and make it very hard for us to access...

We will have another 60k on the sale of a site ( contract stage - fingers crossed!)

My payments on the previous mortgage were about half of what we will probably be paying for rent now, i can increase this to about 3/4 the rental amount...what i need to find out is what kind of interest will i be able to get on the investment(s) and take this out before lodging into the account and use this to pay the remaining figure off the rental throughout the year, and yes i will have to be incredibly disciplined....!

Is it best to split this into 3 accounts, 3 different banks?
What will the catches be ( dirt etc..)
Will all the banks guarentee this amount now and for the future?

Is there any glaring ommissions im not addressing??
many thanks...

d

just twigged this may be better off in the deposits thread...
can an admin move..?

NCB are selling a 9% bond relating to the new Lansdowne Road. It is guaranteed by Hibernian Avviva plc (A- rating). It repays the capital as well over 10 years. Its the best low risk product Ive seen for a while. They are closing it shortly so you would need to contact them soon.

NCB are selling a 9% bond relating to the new Lansdowne Road. It is guaranteed by Hibernian Avviva plc (A- rating). It repays the capital as well over 10 years. Its the best low risk product Ive seen for a while. They are closing it shortly so you would need to contact them soon.

Hardly low risk investing in one individual corporate bond. Any vested interest? get in quick. mhhh...

A 9% yield for a reason. High risk. And the credit ratings are hardly the gospal for investing in these days.

If I had 150k floating around I would be looking at spliting it into 3 seperate deposit accounts. Return of capital first, return on capital second. For a year's duration of investment you want to be taking on minimum risk.

No vested interest at all. I heard it was closing pretty quickly. I have no link whatsoever with NCB or Hibernian. I dont know if deposit accounts will be paying much interest in the next 12 months due to low base rates but obviously would be a lower risk. The individual coporate bond would not have to make up the entire investment.

Back