House rental france

Lingua

Hi,
looking for a house to rent in south or southwest france for summer of 2007. Would appreciate any recommendations.

Two sites worth looking at:

[broken link removed]
Have booked twice using the above.

http://www.pierreetvacances.com
Haven't used this site but came highly recommended.

Couple of things worth noting:
1. Rugby worldcup in France next year, so book early
2. Car Ferry (Cork to Roscoff) has increased by at least €400 for 2007 sailing, not sure if related to 1 or "oil prices"
3. All contracts are in French (French legal system) and you must pay in full 2 weeks before arriving
4. You will have to pay local taxes about .49c per day per person, this is payable to house owner before you depart.
5. A cash desposit of approx €250 is required on arrival

In both Gites I've stayed in they have been superbly equipped (bikes, barbies, board games, books etc) Owners usually live nearby...but never intrude...other than to deliver fresh tomatoes !!

Enjoy

Eoin

It really depends on what you are looking for...I find Pierre et Vacances very expensive but ideal if you want activities for children. I have used www.abritel.fr and www.homelidays.com which I have found to be excellent, my preference is with abritel.
Another thing to bear in mind is the "frais de menage" or end of stay cleaning..in some rentals this is an obligatory charge while in others you can pass on this if you do a really rigourous clean yourself!

If you are looking for something nice in the Languedoc www.southfrancevillas.com have an amazing beach front house in Cap D'Agde!

Thanks to all for the help. I have had great success with arbitel.fr - definately suits the needs and budget.
kaygo

Back