House purchase, requires Right of Ways to be registered

Hedgehog

Hi,
We are sale agreed on a rural property.
Very close to closing I feel. My solicitior has advised five rights of ways need to be registered before he's happy for me to proceed. He's relayed this back to the vendor's solicitior.

Does anyone know how long I could expect to wait for this to be resolved?

I know the sellers are eager to sell as much as I'm eager for this to close.

The house is 15 years old approx and I believe they should not have any objections from the neighbours.

Are we talking weeks or are we talking months?
My solictior just advised them to expidite the request but is understandably unable to give me a timeline.

Thanks!
B

I had an issue with a right of way - three others involved (including one resident abroad).

It took 6 months to get thing fully sorted.

Make sure all is 100% correct. Sounds like you have a good solicitor. Follow his advice.

Thanks Paddy,

What took 6months? What was the delay in that process do you know/remember? (If I know, I can see about speeding that up!)
Yeap my solicitor is very thorough, so following his advise to the letter.

Issues with part of the right of way having being signed off to a 3rd party. 3rd party demanded (and got) €20k from the seller to get them to allow the seller access over part of the right of way.

My solicitor was 100% on the ball and property (holiday home) is now mine and all legalities are 100% sorted.

The wheels of paperwork move slowly .... days turned to weeks and before I knew it 6 months had passed.

Thanks Paddy.
I hope it doesn't take too long to sort, was really hoping to be in this side of Christmas.

First time buyer here, so stressful!

Back