House for sale from bank

Hi all,

Went to view a house today and was told by the EA that the bank are involved. It's not from a seller.

A quick google search tells me this is a right pain in the rear end regarding the time it takes to close the sale and with other legal aspects.

Is this 100% always the case? The EA said 'It has been for sale a while and a lot of bidders pulled out, they got sick of waiting as some issues weren't sorted on the banks side but they are sorted out now'. I didnt ask him to elaborate.

Im not in a rush to move in if I was to make an offer and be successful, but at the same time Ive seen waiting times of up to a year mentioned on daft forums which is a bit rich.

Anyone any thoughts/experience/advice?

Yes, I made an offer of the asking price on a property nearly two years ago. The EA recommended that the bank accept it, nothing happened. The bank didn't say no, but they never moved on the sale either. The house still has a for sale sign on it. I moved on after about a month of waiting.

I suggest that you make a reasonable offer and but dont fall in love with the property. Check in with the EA every few weeks and see what happens.

Back