House alarm\CTV cost

corcoran1

Hi, I got the quotes below for a house alarm and a few CCTV camera system. I dont know anything about house alarms etc and how much they normally cost. How does this one sound? Thanks

Intruder alarm quote
Equipment
1 HKC Panel SW 10-70 with keypad
1 Extra keypad
5 RF. Wireless contacts
1 SABB external sounder
1 internal sounder
2 PIR infra red beams
8 Contacts
4 Sensor/contacts
1 Backup battery
Total €1026

CCTV Quote
Equipment
1 DVR 4 ch. 250gb H.264 Digital recorder
3 colour Dome cameras. image resolution 600 TVL. Day/night vision
1 UHF converter

The quote for the Alarm is quite good.
My preference would be for the SigNET.
A better spec and more features at the same price

How much was the quote for the CCTV? Maplin are doing 250Gb 4 camera systems from £230. A little more gets you a network enabled system you can monitor over the internet or iPhone.
Leo

Beware of cheap units in retail stores.
Check that they have digital watermarking. Without that any evidence can be easilly dismissed & may be pretty much useless.
€300- €400 will get you a relatively decent recorder with network card & smart phone access.

Hi, I got the quotes below for a house alarm and a few CCTV camera system. I dont know anything about house alarms etc and how much they normally cost. How does this one sound? Thanks

Intruder alarm quote
Equipment
1 Extra keypad
5 RF. Wireless contacts
1 SABB external sounder
1 internal sounder
2 PIR infra red beams
8 Contacts
4 Sensor/contacts
1 Backup battery
Total €1026

Good price and a good system.

CCTV Quote
Equipment
1 UHF converter

I would ask to see this system in action before getting it installed. It is great looking at a system in live view but looking at it in playback is what you really want to see. Live view compared to playback will shock you when you are looking for something. I would also be looking for a bigger hard drive.

What system are they playing to install ?

How much was the quote for the CCTV? Maplin are doing 250Gb 4 camera systems from £230. A little more gets you a network enabled system you can monitor over the internet or iPhone.
Leo

Recommending a system from maplin means you dont know much about there systems, they are cheap and nasty ;)

Recommending a system from maplin means you dont know much about there systems, they are cheap and nasty ;)

I hadn't looked into them in much detail, it was hardly a recommendation anyway.
Leo

I hadn't looked into them in much detail, it was hardly a recommendation anyway.
Leo

If the op had purchased one he would not be thanking you :D

They are as I say, cheap and nasty but if people know nothing about them and just see the price they do think they are getting a good deal.

I would not recommend them either.

alt1

Intruder alarm quote
Equipment
1 Extra keypad
5 RF. Wireless contacts
1 SABB external sounder
1 internal sounder
2 PIR infra red beams
8 Contacts
4 Sensor/contacts
1 Backup battery
Total €1026

CCTV Quote
Equipment
1 UHF converter

hi Corcoran,

Apologies i know this thread is old but that's a good deal and I'm currently looking for a house alarm. Could you let me know who it was with?

Many thanks

Back