Hotel with gardens for quiet, restful break

johnd

I would like to book a few days break for a couple who need a quiet, restful break within a two hour drive of Dublin. They are in their sixties and enjoy gardens and gentle walks. Its hard to find hotels with their own gardens available for guests so I would welcome any suggestions. They would not like anything too "posh" just somewhere with good food and peaceful surroundings.

Many thanks

I stayed at near naas once.. the grounds were lovely. The website itself says "set amidst over 200 acres of manicured gardens, with magnificent views over the Wicklow mountains and Kildare countryside."

We sent my parents to Lyrath in Kilkenny last year, they enjoy walking and taking it easy and it was ideal for them. My mam got talking to one of the gardeners who brought her around the gardens and told her the history of the place too. Food was good too if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Thank you both for your suggestions. They sound ideal and just what we need.

Four star Ardilaun Hotel in Galway. Located 4km from city centre with lots of facilities and gardens.

Also, Hudson Bay in Athlone looks good too although I have never set foot in it.

The Slieve Russell Hotel in Cavan is lovely.

Also on a smaller scale but with fantastic food and surroundings Tankardstown House near Slane would be perfect & has beautiful gardens.

lough rynn in Leitrim is exactly what you're looking for. nicest place in Ireland for a quiet break and the walled gardens are amazing.

Back