Hotel Recommendation - North West with Swimming Pool

shep

Planning a trip to the Sligo/Mayo/Fermanagh region next month. Can anybody recommend a good quality hotel with swimming pool?

We are going to the Ramada in Ballina this weekend. Will let you know what it's like when we get back. Has swimming pool and spa.

Radisson in Sligo (near Rosses Point) Good big rooms, decent pool

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into both of them. MaryBM enjoy your weekend & look forward to the review.

Hi Shep,

Sorry for the delay in reporting back on the Ramada. Been a busy week.

Hotel is just off the main Dublin road (old main road). It's about 1.5 miles into town.

Good Points (in no particular order)
  • Swimming pool is a good size with Jacuzzi, steam room and full leisure facilities. All very clean and well maintained
  • Staff are excellent, mannerly and courtious.
  • Food - excellent. Breakfast to die for along with evening meal
  • Bed - huge!!! We have a King size but this one was HUGE!!
  • Room good and big with good size en-suite
  • Internet facilities in room f.o.c. (Reception will give you a cable for 5 Euro refundable deposit).
Not so good points
  • Have to go through the Bar to get to restaurant.
  • Service at evening meals slow (had to call waiter/ress a few times)
  • Found a cob-web!!!! in the corner of our room. (no big deal)
If you decide to go there, don't be afraid to bargain with the hotel on a deal. We used the Super Valu vouchers and my in-laws paid full whack. My husband was fishing in the Ridge Pool and the Gillie told me to bargain in future with the hotel as they are very accommodating.

Would I stay there again? - yes, but need a car to get into town if the weather is bad otherwise it's a nice walk.

Hope the above is of some help to you. Enjoy whatever hotel you decide.

Mary

Knockranney House Hotel in Westport is lovely. Beautiful pool and spa area but it's adult only so unfortunately not suitable if any kids in tow.

Back