Hotel near Dublin city centre, convenient to public transport to Clontarf castle?

Bluebean

Hi all,

I may be attending a few day time events in the Clontarf Castle hotel over the next few months.
I'd rather not stay at the hotel itself as there seems to be very little around there to do at nightime.

Can anyone recommend a hotel either nearer to the city centre or near to a shopping centre which would have frequent direct links to Clontarf castle?

Thanks in advance

BB

As far as i know there are no direct links to Clontarf Castle with the exception of the 130 Bus which is a poor service. Why not look for a B & B in or around Fairview (I know their is a nice one on Philipsburgh Avenue)

I thought the 130 was a pretty good service. I work out that direction and whenever I am getting a bus out there (not at rush hour) there's normally a 130 sitting in Abbey Street ready to go.

Here's the timetable - looks like a lot of departures scheduled - [broken link removed]

I agree about not having much to do around there, at least not without getting a 130 back into town.

z

You could get the Dart to killester and walk down Castle Avenue to the Hotel (About a 10 min walk). That way you could stay in any hotel on the dart line.

Back