Hotel in West London

N&C

Hi guys,

Myself and my husband are planning a weekend break to London in January. I have been on several occasions so we won't be doing a lot of touristy things but we do want to see a show in the west end and do a trip on the london eye. We will be flying into Gatwick and getting the train to Victoria.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in a convenient location for us. Our budget would be for a 3-4 star.

Thanks in advance.

The Strand Palace - very centrally based for your show & the Eye, and a nice place to stay.

Just come back from a great weekend in London. We stayed at an excellent hotel www.kingswayhall.co.uk/ .
Its less than a two minutes walk from Holborn tube station, which in on the Piccadilly and Central lines. Room was excellent and bathroom had a lovely power shower.
Room was £99 and we decided against the £16 per continental breakfast each and spend £5 in Starbucks, at the corner, for a roll, tea and fruitcup!
Also it is a 10 minute walk to Covent Garden.

I would highly recommend staying there and can't wait to go back. But I would never leave home without checking tripadvisor.com first!

I found the Strand Palace to be very dated and old. Try Radisson Mountbatten, it is nice and in a good location too. Bit pricey though.

Try www.londontown.com I have found the site to be excellent value. You should easily find a hotel for less than £100 per night.

I stayed at the Apex beside the Tower of London. Great value at £69 per night. Perhaps a bit out but easily accesible by bus and underground. The Crown Plaza at Blackfriars is a good spot too for under £90. I would also give a thumbs up to Club Quaters Trafalgar Sq. You can't knock a 4* in the heart of the city for under £100.

Apex at Tower of London is a good, modern stylishly decorated hotel and great value at the weekends and conveniently located on a quiet street very close to Tower Hill Tube station (though it is worth noting some of their really cheap rooms have limited/no windows .. not much of an issue in a city hotel in the middle of winter in my view but it might bother some)

It's worth noting that in general Hotels in the "City" are generally better value at the weekend compared to hotels in the West End ... as City Hotels tend to be busier during the week with business travel but have to work harder to attract tourists at the weekend compared with the hotels in more traditional tourist areas

If you're flying to Gatwick it's just as easy to get the train to London Bridge compared to Victoria ... which means that staying in the City is not a bad option

Back