Hotel in Bangkok

Mourinho

Anybody recommend a hotel in Bangkok? Nothing to fancy just average, only staying for a couple of nights. Preferably somewhere near the sky train and within easy access of the rest of the city.

So many different hotels on all Bangkok websites it would be good to get a recommendation...

Cheers

hi Mourinho,

Can highly recommend the Westin Grand Pacific. It's a really nice hotel and really handy location. There's a sky train station right outside the door, it's quick enough journey from the airport, not far from the bus station and close to a canal boat stop - the canals are really handy for gettting around too.

The hotel has a lovely pool, a couple of restaurants and - allegedly - the world's highest karaoke bar. Don't know if that's a good thing or not! The rooms have all been done up recently and are very luxourious. We've stayed there twice and have had no complaints.

Sorry I should have said, it's on Sukhumvit Rd. can't remember the name of the sky train stop, but it's literally outside the door.

[broken link removed]

We stayed here and it was great. Right beside the Sky train.

We stayed in the Grand Pacific also (although it wasn't a Westin, I thought it was an Intercontinental) but it was lovely and a good location.

Just as an FYI, we first stayed in the Grand Pacific in 2002 and it was an 'Intercontinental', when we went back last year it had been taken over by Westin and had been completely refurbished - not that it really needed it!!

Yea the better half booked the Novotel in Siam Square. Reasonable enough price and a decent location. Only there for 2 days beofre we move to do a small bit of travelling around Thailand.Now where do I get that tailored suit.....?

Back