hoover recommendations

Nell

hoover

Hi - Could anyone recommend me a good hoover or vacume (excuse spelling) cleaner please, dont fancy shelling out big bucks on a Dyson!

Re: hoover

A Henry - builders and commercial cleaning companies use them. Very good and robust.

Hi Nell,

There are many previous threads on this subject which are available on the search function.

I have tried about 5 hoovers with Argos, all bagless and all around the 200 Euro mark and all of them have been absolutely awful. I then went into my local small DIY shop and was recommended by a guy who has been in the business for 40 years a German make called Etbo Schott. This bagged hover at 2700 Watts was by far the most powerful hoover I have ever had. I was absolutely astonished at just how strong the suction was. The price was 99 Euro half what I had previously been paying. I would tell you the name of the shop I bought it in, but he had one left and I want to buy that one for a friend. I can get you the model number if interested.

We've had Mieles for the last 12 years (2 in all) - very happy with them and would buy same again.

I returned a Dyson which I was extremely disappointed with and purchased a Miele Cat & Dog. Its excellent and if it ever packs up I would definitely purchase another one !

Miele. Best hoover I ever had.
I would not recommend a Dyson. We have a Dyson at work and has very poor suction. Miele way better.

Another vote for Miele (pronounced mee-la). Ours cost about €180 in Harvey Norman's last December and is the best hoover we ever had.

I have read threads on various sites debating the best hoover brand and Miele comes out tops each time

Another vote for Miele. They are highly recommended by the Asmtha society for getting rid of dust.

Nell I don't know if you got your hoover yet but Powercity have a good deal on a Philips hoover this weekend. I have no idea if this is a good hoover but my brother works there and he just rang me. Apparently they have too much stock of it and are trying to shift some. It might only be the Coolock branch but it is reduced to €109 this weekend. The website has it up as €189.95 (F9150 PHILIPS 2000W HEPA 13 BLUE). I bought a new hoover in January so I have no need for it but I know my mother had a Philips hoover before and she rated it quite highly.

Bought a Dyson, basic model, approx 270 Euro, about a year ago. Still working perfectly, great suction. I think the trick with Dysons is just to empty them very regularly. I even use it on the decking so it's not like it gets well looked after.

Another vote for Miele Cat & Dog. Superb vacuum cleaner.
We've given it huge punishment, picking up bits of plaster, nails, cat hair etc.

Can anyone recommend a good hoover.We had a Dyson for the last 10 years.It needs replacing.We have carpet on the large sitting room floor.All other rooms have tiles or timber.We tend to brush them.I tend to do the hoovering.My wife does not want to get another Dyson as the last one would stop working occasionally if over heated.Recommendations please.

I just bought Miele cat and dog based on recomendations above and other sites, so far so good. Based on the instructions the turbobrush is really for use on carpets! is that true. Also would it damage hardwood and tiled foors?

haille don't know if you are aware of it but every part of the dyson hoover is replaceable. I have had my one for the last 9 years and last year got it serviced as it had stopped working. the engineer told me that not everyone is aware that a dyson hoover is a lifetime hoover. I think the service cost 75 euro and the guy replaced several parts at no extra cost.

Back