Home security alarms connect to mobile phone

davfran

If this issue has been discussed before could link be provided please.
We got a home security alarm when we built our home some years ago. The installer recommended a company from an neighbouring county at a significant cost, somewhat like eircom watch... we did not avail of it.

We have heard that it is possible to have our mobile numbers and chosen friends numbers to be called in the event that the alarm is activated, at a very reasonable once off price. Does anyone have any information in relation to this? Thanks

Yeah my parents had that functionallity fitted to their house alarm. They got their electrician to do it. He connected a feed from their land line to an add-on to the alarm.

When the alarm goes off it rings a pre programmed set of mobile numbers with a pre recorded message. You can then re set the alarm over the phone so that it isnt annoying the neighbours all day.

If this issue has been discussed before could link be provided please.
We got a home security alarm when we built our home some years ago. The installer recommended a company from an neighbouring county at a significant cost, somewhat like eircom watch... we did not avail of it.

We have heard that it is possible to have our mobile numbers and chosen friends numbers to be called in the event that the alarm is activated, at a very reasonable once off price. Does anyone have any information in relation to this? Thanks

do you have to have a phone line - that's the prob around here - so many people are no longer putting in phonelines due to prevalence of mobiles, wireless broadband, etc etc. ?

is there a redialler that takes a GSM card and uses a mobile network ?

do you have to have a phone line - that's the prob around here - so many people are no longer putting in phonelines due to prevalence of mobiles, wireless broadband, etc etc. ?

is there a redialler that takes a GSM card and uses a mobile network ?

What you're looking for so is a GSM Auto Dialer, plenty on the market. Any alarm company will be able to supply one, some listed on EBay as well.
Leo

I have a phone line and an alarm system, jaykayphd can you give me a bit more information please. Thanks for the replies.

I have a phone line and an alarm system, jaykayphd can you give me a bit more information please. Thanks for the replies.

Then you're looking for a standard auto dialer, cheaper to buy and you don't have the added expense of the SIM required by GSM auto dialers.
Leo

Then you're looking for a standard auto dialer, cheaper to buy and you don't have the added expense of the SIM required by GSM auto dialers.
Leo

Leo dont want to sound too dumb, but where would I get the auto dialer, do I need an electrician to install it? Thanks

Maplin do a [broken link removed] of [broken link removed]. Most of the alarm supplies shops will sell these also.

As for fitting, unfortunately as this clasifies as security equipment, it falls under the PSA legislation, so if you're paying someone to install it, they should by a licensed installer.
Leo

Back