Home insurance online - any documentation required?

WhoAmI

Hi all,
Just signed contracts to buy a house last week, now looking feverishly for insurance. If I buy online, do I need to send them any documentation, or do I just divvy up the cash?

Thanks for any help/advice.

you may have to complete a proposal form on line, other than that, there is nothing else for you to do, except pay up.

remember though, hide nothing. all must be revealed, if you do not give the whole truth and nothing but the truth, then in the event of a claim, yo have a problem. keep copies of all documentation submitted on line.

Ditto to Ravima, nothing wrong with the products on line, but you just don't get any advise, so be sure you know the product and cover well.

When shopping around don't do so on price alone but always check the terms & conditions of the policy document. I presume that home insurance has a 14 day (?) cooling off period during which you can cancel if it proves not to suit your needs?

Thanks all for the info. I'm waiting for the engineer to come back to me with some final details before I contact anyone.

The rebuilding cost figures in [broken link removed] might also be of some use to you.

I bought building insurance online last Tues week from Hibernian-and to this day I still havnt received the proposal form to fill out. Our lender will NOT release the cheque for us to close our deal until they get a copy of the notice of interest agreement.

After many frustrated calls to the company in question I ended up going into one of their branches today and starting from scratch to get the process done and dusted. This mess up on their part has cost us an extra week in waiting to close our deal-just be aware that shopping online can cause difficulties when purchasing insurance-then again maybe we were just unlucky

Good luck with your purchase.

Back