home heating diesel - how much?

10to1

Got a fill last week and really noticed the rising cost of home heating diesel. Cost 65cents/litre incl. VAT. Don't have a bill from before but seem to recall it being about 35c/litre 1 - 2 yrs. before. I wonder what you pay in your area. Are the oil suppliers cartelling on this?

I live in the West and bought Kerosene from Statoil last week at 63c per litre. Also had a €20 voucher from them that came through my letter box some time ago - net cost just over 60c per litre.

Not so Clubman. Although I believe that it is easy to change from Gas oil (diesel) to Kersone. It's just a matter of adjusting the flow rate or pressure.

So you're specifically looking for home heating diesel prices and not home heating kerosene prices?

"It's just a matter of adjusting the flow rate or pressure"

Find this hard to believe. I always understood that kerosene was specifically for use in boilers stored in the house and diesel was for outside boiler? Hard to believe that its that easy to adapt.

Don't know the difference between them. Our system is a coverted solid fuel ; installer recommended kerosene for indoor use, also said it's cleaner and requires less servicing.

Back