Home alarm company- South Dublin

Salvadore

Grateful for any recommendations of a home alarm company that serves south Dublin.

I have a HKC system that’s been in place for over 15 years. I’d like to increase its capability to allow me to be alerted remotely (through an app) if it’s activated and to be able to reset it etc.

Thanks in advance

Recently installed homesecure system. It includes remote monitoring (direct to Garda) & was really hassle free. you pay a monthly sub depending on how many sensors you're running & you own the hardware after three years.
The hardware is AJAX brand which is widely recognised on boards.ie as being excellent.

Easy to use app interface. Recommended.

Lessons learned:
[1] Don't buy the alarm fobs off them, they're finicky & prone to inadvertent arming of the system & panic alarming of the system. Stick with the app. They may offer you a free fob in the package ask them to offset it against one of the installed sensors instead.
[2] I asked them to install the exterior box where my old box was. He went up the ladder & made a meal of unscrewing the old screws indicating they were rusted. He asked if I could take care of it. I agreed. I went up there a few months later & it was a piece of cake to remove. To install their new box was a bit of a hassle & I inadvertantly let the installer off the hook on that - my mistake. Have in mind where you want the box installed & perhaps do any prep before they arrive.
[3] There was a trainee tagging along on the day. He did all the drilling and left several hill of drill dust when he left despite bringing their own vacuum along - check every drill site for housekeeping before they leave.
[4] Think about what you need & don't let them upsell you on the phone or in person.

I had Cuala security install a GSD-based system that came with an app for self-monitoring the place. No subscription fee, I just use the app to get alerts and turn on/off the alarm remotely. Quite happy with that system and the service I got. I don't see much added benefit to paying a third party to monitor it but each to their own on that.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not looking at monitoring options at the moment. The ability to turn off/on remotely is what I really want to add.

Back