Holiday Leave during Notice Period

A

antodeco

Hi All,
I have 2 weeks holidays coming up, and I was thinking of handing in my notice before I leave. I currently must give 1 months notice. Can an employer stop me from taking these holidays, as part of my notice period, as they have already apprvoed them? I was thinking of handing in my notice the night I leave on my holdiays (so I will only have 2 weeks of work when I come back).
Thanks
aNtOdEcO

Any reason why you wouldn't give your notice straight away to give them a decent chance to replace you? Ireland is a small world, so I'd recommend that you don't burn your bridges with your current employer.

well, they have been treating me like dirt for the past few months, and ive applied to a good few places, and im going to be offered something before I go away. Thats why I want to hand in my notice. Ill be leaving within a month of handing my notice in anyway, but I jsut want to get some holdiays first. Either way, Ill be entitled to 3 and a half days holidays anyway (contract states that its 1.7 days per calender month), as ive already taken 5 days this year.
thanks

No your employer cannot stop you taking these holidays as part of your notice period.

Make sure however to agree how & when they pay you your holiday pay & give you your P45 etc.

Back