Holiday insurance query

porterbray

Hi,

My sister is heading off to Majorca next week week with her hubby and their 11 yo son. They got travel insurance when they booked the holiday with their travel company. Last weekend the son broke his arm (doh) and they want to know if they need to inform the insurance company about it, or are they still covered for the holiday? The insurance details are not too clear about it, and they are having trouble trying to contact the insurance company. The travel agents have given two different answers both times they have been contacted. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks

I guess it will depend on the specific T&C's of her particular policy. I'd imagine that at worst, if the insurance company refuse to cover them for travel, then they would cover a refund of the cost of the holiday. I recall my nephew travelling to Spain with a broken arm some years back, but I don't know what his insurance situation was. They were able to get a waterproof rubber seal to go over the plaster so that the young fella was still able to enjoy the pool.

Back