Holiday Entitlements for Part Time Worker

Reive

If someone works 20 hours a week, every week for the entire year- How much holidays are they entitled to in a year??

AFAIK, the same amount of days as a normal full time worker, if they are working the same 20 hours every week of the year. This is as they will only be taking the holidays from the 20 hours. It gets a bit more complicated if they are working a different amount of hours per week, and then it's calculated as a percentage.

I'm sorry if this came out a bit scrambled and if I've got it wrong, somebody please correct me!

Thanks

"AFAIK, the same amount of days as a normal full time worker, if they are working the same 20 hours every week of the year. This is as they will only be taking the holidays from the 20 hours. It gets a bit more complicated if they are working a different amount of hours per week, and then it's calculated as a percentage."

are you sure.....20 hours a week cannot get you the same as someone working 40 hours a week.

For example, someone workign 20 hours a week is not entitled to take a day off for 20 weeks of the year.

So they would be entitled to 20 days/4 weeks- with each week consisting of 20 hours?

AFAIK for every 100 hours you work you are entitled to 1 day off.

-soc

Back