HMV rip-offs ?

Re: ...

Decided to check out HMV at the weekend.

The "2 for 1" offer has ended. And surprise surprise DVD's appear to have dropped in price to roughly match other shops. The price cut is being hailed as a Sale.

Still, the place was fairly busy so, it's hard to argue with their tactics. They obviously know their customer.

-Rd

Golden Discs

I recently bought a three disk DVD set in Golden Disc for €35. I went in to their store in St. Stephen's Green the other day and I saw the DVD's being sold seperately for €19 each.

This kind of crap is obviously not limited to HMV.

("Family Guy" DVD's by the way. Hilarious, no matter what the price !!)

Re: Golden Discs

Davido, could you check something....

I may be wrong, but I think you'll find the 3 dvd box was season 3.

The dvd's being sold separately were probably seasons 1 and 2.

If they are trying to sell the season 3 disks separately for that price then they should be taken out and shot.

-Rd

Re: Golden Discs

Before anybody jumps to any conclusions about Golden Discs, I had better check because you may be right daltonr.

Hi,

Why you good people are even buying anything from the likes of HMV / Virgin / Golden Discs etc is beyond me -

the chances are it will be more easily available, at a cheaper price or with additional extras, on the net !

I only ever go into the likes of Golden Discs now to check a few of their products to see if they have been priced in error, while killing time !

Regards

G>

Re: ...

the chances are it will be more easily available, at a cheaper price or with additional extras, on the net !<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>

Actually season 3 of Family Guy could probably be bought cheaper. I think you can save about €10.

Seasons 1 and 2 are as cheap, or cheaper in Golden Disks.
I'm basing this on Play.com

I don't think you'll get any extras, for buying online.

If you chose carefully and shop around you can buy films as cheaply in the high street, use those special offers (make sure they really are special, not a HMV con!). But you are right, online will normally be cheaper for a given film. Which makes sense, lower overheads, bigge
<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

Back