Hifi Micro system question

threebedsemi

My old Denon UD-M50 finally bit the dust this month (the notorious CD changer finally packed it in), and I need a new micro system to replace it as repair is economically unviable. As I’ll be buying without hearing (ebay or some such location), I would be happier sticking with Denon as I really liked the sound from the old system. I have it narrowed it down to either of these lads:
http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/Product/Pages/ProductLanding.aspx?CatId=Systems&SubId=MiniMicro
Does anyone have either of these systems and have any comments? I’ll be keeping the old speakers (Denon/Mission) and my main concern is that if I get the DF107 it may be too powerful for them, since it gives out 2 x 65w as opposed to the 2 x 30 form the other one (and i think my old system was 2 x 25).
Or is there a sony or other yoke available from the high street which is just as good in anyones opinion?

without knowing what your budget is - i would probably prop up on the speakers as well. However, you should be ok from a power perspective unless you really like to give it a blast.
A good combo for the Denon are Monitor Audio Speakers, for example the BX1 or RX1 (depending on budget).
The DF 107 is a very good piece in my opinion, but has been around for some time now which means you can get it for a very decent price.
If you want to take a look at network streaming as well, would strongly recommend the Denon Ceol as a brilliant micro system. Even for the Ceol I'd probably look at the MA speakers.

thanks newirishman
i was leaning towards the DF 107, seeing as a 'refurbished' one isn't greatly more expensive than a new '38.
speakers will have to wait in any case, but thanks for the guidance.
i dont tend to blast it too much, my better half does, so i can blame her when they pop :)

Back