Hermitage - Lucan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passport1

Hi
Is anyone familiar with the Hermitage estate in Lucan?
Thinking of buying a house there. It looks nice but just wondering if any of you have experiences there.

I asked at Lucan Garda station but they weren't very informative.

Thanks

Hi ,

I lived beside this estate for a few years and it was a very nice settled area

i live inhermitage since 1989.great area for kids,great park,great neighbours.local to everything.in st marys parish which is great for schools.

Hey Passport1

Did you buy in the end? I was looking there too myself but seems that 3-bed semis are going in excess 381,000 now. Seems like a lot but definitely looks like a nice area.

Tab.

I lived there as well,moved as soon as I could sell,the walls are so thin,you can hear you neighbours all the time,alarm clock,their phones,one of my neighbours asked his wife to bring him up a headache tablet,I tought it was my husband and proceeded to bring him up the tablet!!Loos flushing ,and if they have wooden floors ,well, its even worse!!Not their fault I may add,just the way the house was built,it wasnt that I was more aware of the sound than others ,as a lot of my neighbours had the same issue,looked into soundproveing the walls and aparently it takes an inch off your room all round,still would be worth it.Also there is planning permission for a block of apts and some housing on the Foxhunter site,which I understand will have access, through Hermitage,ie at the wall on Hermitage garden,but please check this out first.Bear in mind there were a lot of complaints about the noise from the pub and the through traffic,the walkway to the pub was then sealed off and apparently this is to be reopened to allow access to the new housing scheme.

Thanks for the heads up Deew. Will keep those thoughts in mind if looking in that area again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back