Help work out my pay?

Zara23

Hi everyone,

Started a new temp job for 4 weeks, this week is my last week. I submitted my P45 to revenue 2 weeks ago but was told am being put on week 1 basis because I submitted this 1 day past the deadline.

I know this is taken as the first week of the year etc so is it just tax as a single person?

Everyone is due to get paid on the 23rd of the month. Can anyone help work out my pay?

I am due 2,563 gross as worked out by my hourly wage.

I'm moving the the UK right after Xmas so I'm hoping the money will be enough to help.

I worked part time this year and submitted the single person child carer tax credit form. However, revenue told me I was never on this tax credit when I was working and they have no record of it. I 100% brought it in so this must have been their mistake.

Does this mean I overpaid tax and can claim it back? Or will it be 'my fault for not submitting it' as they see it. I didn't realise it wasn't being applied.

don't worry, any tax you are stopped, over and above what you are actually due to pay, you can claim back.

if you are on week 1, you will get the standard monthly cut off (you are under) so taxed @ lower rate, standard monthly tax credit then 275. same for usc i believe so you might pay 250 ish in tax this month

you should be able to claim any credits you are entitled to, so follow it up

all depends on your year to date earnings of course

don't worry, any tax you are stopped, over and above what you are actually due to pay, you can claim back.

if you are on week 1, you will get the standard monthly cut off (you are under) so taxed @ lower rate, standard monthly tax credit then 275. same for usc i believe so you might pay 250 ish in tax this month

you should be able to claim any credits you are entitled to, so follow it up

all depends on your year to date earnings of course

Hi Stevieob,

Thanks so much for replying. I'm sorry but am still a little confused. So is being placed on Week 1 better than being emergency taxed? Or can I be placed on week 1 as well as emergency tax? Sorry for being so dense- I know I can claim it back but will probably be January before that happens. I would like to try and work out what I am going to get on the 23rd as this is all I will have for Christmas and to help me move.

What is the standard cut off and standard tax credit? Is this just the personal tax credit everyone gets? My tax credit cert says the personal tax credit is equal to 1650.00.

This really isn't my area if you can't tell. I really appreciate any help!

You can also get the PAYE tax credit of 1650, so 3,300 in total is the standard

week 1 is better than emergency

you won't pay both week 1 as well as emergency tax

Week 1 means they divided your tax credits by 52 to get your weekly allowance so roughly they will divide your wages by 4 to get weekly amount and multiply by 52 to get your annual tax (2500 by 4 = 625 x 52 = 32000k per annum). As this is below the threshold (just) you will be charged 20% tax and USC of about 3 or 4% give or take. You also get a tax credit of about 200 per week so roughly you will pay tax on about 1400 @ 25% = 350. I would imagine you will get 2200 or there abouts. When you finish this year you request a form 21 from revenue and they will show the tax owed and refund you.

Back