Help with saorview

Juliel

Hi all, one of my tv's supports digital freeview, its a philips tv, will i be able to get saorview? The other one is just digital and says id DTV ready, do I need to get saorview boxes or digital arieals?

Hi,

freeview may not mean saorview.... How old is the Philips TV?

Are you watching the "digital" channels now? The picture should be sharp, clear. Also. when you are watching RTE channels do you see "October 24th" on the screen throughout all programs?

Your TV must be MHEG 4 compliant. Digital freeview compatible is not neccessarily compliant as UK freeview is a different and older technology. The easiest wat to find out is to point your aerial to the nearest Saorview enabled transmitter and select tune digital channels rather than analogue on your tv and see if it works you will know if you have digital as there are extra channels and rte 2 is marked HD

The philips is 3 years old, october 24th is on the screen, dont have a digital arieal, do i need one

there isn't a "digital" aerial so to speak.... do you have a button on your remote named "digital" - you may still be using the analogue side of the TV... per chance do you have the TV's documentation (install guide/manual)? that will have the specifics of your TV.

failing that, you could get the TV serial number & send that on - can "google" it to see if it's saorview compatible.

If it's not able to pick up Saorview from the TV itself, then you need to purchase a saorview box that you plug your aerial cable into, then plug a cable from that saorview box to your TV.

Back