Help with Disability Entitlements if any

J

jacqueline

My situation, living with my partner for years, hes a taxi man. I have child from former marriage. I recieve 140 per month childrens allowance for her, and weekly I get 65euros from her father. She is 17 and will finish school in a year.

I dont have any other money. I have been suffering from fybromyalgia and depression for years.My monthly bill at chemists is 120euro with drug payment scheme, which my partner pays for. I had been thinking about trying to go to work, but Im just not well enough. Would I be entitiled to Disability. I am 43 have had fibro for years and never claimed a penny from state in my life.

My partners earnings have shrunk significantly and we are finding it hard to manage handing out that money every month.
Can I go to the Welfare officer and see if he can help? Thing is though , the guy for our area has a terrible reputation for making dirt of people, and I dont want to go over to be humiliated :)

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

hi ya,
I would suggest you go to your local community welfare officer and have a chat with him/her and tell them your situation and what your paying out on XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX etc as you could qualify for a medical card and they will tell you what you are entitled to a i have Chronic pain resulting from a car crash 6 years ago and i have been on Disability payments since then, go and chat to them and i hope you get on good..keep me posted. he shouldn't make dirt of you as that is not professional and if he does then report him to his authorities! and maybe get a form for Disability Allowance and fill it in and send it to them and they will tell you if your entitled or not, You can get them forms online at www.welfare.ie and there address who you post it to is on the bottom of the form, best of luck

Hi, thanks for the reply. I wil give it a try I suppose :)

cheers.

Back